For quite some time I planned to document all the famous street foods/Restaurants in and around Bidhan Sarani, College Street. Finally on 04.02.2023 I did it with 2 of my friends.
আমরা যারা দক্ষিণ কলকাতায় থাকি তাদের সব গুলিয়ে যায় ! তাই সবার সুবিধার জন্য লিখে রাখলাম।
Pranajit Bose has been a great help in planning this tour.
Some of these places I tried before, not this time
1. Basanta Cabin - 4/10 (not many people visit these days) - famous for Kabiraji
2. Putiram - 7/10 - - famous for Kachori . Shri Hari opposite Bijoli, near Hazra More is better
3. Kalika - famous Chop - did not try
4. Paramount Sherbats & Syrup - 7/10 - famous for Daab Sharbat etc. Quite expensive and bit hyped - Acharya Prafulla Ray used to come here
5. Dilkhusha Cabin - 4/10 - famous for Kabiraji. Kaji Nazrul used to come (https://www.getbengal.com/details/dilkhusha-cabin-got-prestigious-heritage-eatery-tag-yesterday-110-year-old)
6. Indian Coffee House - 6/10 - famous for Ambience (food is nothing special and quite expensive) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Coffee_House)
7. Kapila Ashram - 8/10 - famous for Sherbat (Abar Khabo and Malai Sherbat is very good value for money at Rs 30)
8. Adi Kapila Ashram - 7/10 - famous for Sherbat
(this is the one run apparently by their erstwhile employees, not the original one )
9. Niranjan Agar - 6/10 - famous for Dimer (Egg) Devil
10. Girish Chandra Dey and Nakur Chandra Nandy - 9/10 - famous for Sandesh
11. Nalin Chandra Das - 8/10 - famous for Sandesh
12. Lakshminaryan Shaw & Sons - 7/10 - famous for Chop - Netaji used to come here.
You can get better Alur Chop at the one near Lake Mall, beside Lake Market (towards Rashbehari More)
13. Mitra Cafe - famous for Chop (Fritters), Kabiraji and Cutlet - did not try.
There is one near City College, Golpark too.
14. Allens Kitchen - 7/10 - famous for Prawn Cutlet - quite expensive and bit hyped
There is one near Hazra More too.
Tour map https://goo.gl/maps/AZPci1H9ambhXA8u5